In a recent post, we talked about Facebook dynamic creatives, which build effective ads around combinations of your assets. In that post, we clarified that “dynamic creatives” is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT feature than “dynamic ads,” which is what we’re talking about today.
So, what are they, then?
Dynamic ads automatically promote your most relevant products to people who have shown interest on your website, app, or other channels. The amazing thing is that instead of creating a whole new ad for each product, dynamic ads create ad templates that automatically shows the relevant product for each person with images and details you’ve uploaded to a product catalog on Facebook.
Let’s say that Margaret visits your website, sees one of your healthy foods products, and adds it to her shopping cart but doesn’t end up buying it. A few days later, Margaret visits Facebook or Instagram and sees the same product right on her news feed. The chances of Margaret buying the product are now higher with this easy shopping experience.
All of this is done automatically with dynamic ads. To learn more, watch this video.
Dynamic ads are a powerful tool for industries like eCommerce, travel, real estate, and automotive.
Here are some reasons why Dynamic Ads are so awesome:
- Highly relevant ads. The audience will only see products they’ve already demonstrated an interest in before.
- More efficient. Dynamic ads eliminate the workload of creating multiple ads for each product, combining the ad creation process of your entire sales catalog into a single task.
- Improved customer experience. Relevant items create a more appealing viewer experience and are seen as less intrusive than presenting unqualified content.
- Upselling and cross-selling. Great use of dynamic ads is targeting customers who have purchased an item, and cross-selling other product categories. You can also upsell, promoting more expensive items or product upgrades related to the prior purchase.
- Engaging at every stage of the sales funnel. Besides people who have shown an interest in your products or have made a purchase, you’re also able to use dynamic ads to reach new audiences using a lookalike audience based on visitors who bought your products.
Sounds great, right? Dynamic ads can add a new dimension to your Facebook marketing strategy. Here’s how to run dynamic ads on Facebook:
1. Create a Business Manager Account:
Go to business.facebook.com, click on Create Account, select a name for your business, select the associated page and complete the information in the required fields.
2. Install the Facebook Pixel
Install the Facebook Pixel, a piece of code that you copy and paste onto your website that tracks the behavior of visitors to the site and Facebook ads. Click here to learn how to install the Pixel (and why we love it!)
3. Create a Product Catalog
Then, create a product catalog in your Business Manager account. Skip this step if your website uses Shopify, Magento or BigCommerce. To learn how to manage your catalog, click here.Source: Facebook
4. Create your campaign using dynamic ads
Go to Ads Manager and create a new campaign with a “Catalog Sales” objective and choose your product catalog. To learn how to set up your campaign, click here.
Dynamic ads give advertisers a powerful way to promote and sell. Although dynamic ads are intended for retargeting, you can use them at every stage of the funnel.
You should make a habit of checking your product catalog daily to ensure your products are uploaded correctly.
Does this sound like a lot? If you’d like to consult a team of skilled and passionate experts to help you create your Facebook campaigns- or you’d like us to be your marketing department- say hello! We’d love to talk to you about how to bring your brand to Facebook- and beyond!
Are you ready to create your first product catalog using Dynamic Ads? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.